Who: Manchester City v AS Roma
When: September 30, 2014 at 1:45pm
Where: Etihad Stadium, Manchester, England
Where to watch: Londoner Frisco
Pre Match Facts Run Down
- Manchester City have lost 3 straight in European competition
- Manchester City have only won 1 out of their last 7 against Italian clubs
- Roma has not a kept a clean sheet in their last 9 Champions League matches
- Roma’s last match in the Champions League was a 5-1 win over CSKA Moscow
- 3 out of City’s last 4 European matches have ended 1-1
- Aguero has scored 5 in the last 5 Champions League matches at the Etihad
- The top 3 passers on CL match day 1 were Miralem Pjanic, Radja Nainggolan, and Seydou Keita. These three players all play in Roma’s midfield triangle
- Roma are undefeated this year in Serie A (W5 L0 D0) and have only conceded 1 goal
- Roma average 61.66% possession in Serie A
- Roma manager Rudi Garcia is the former manager of Lille. Some call him “The Gervinho Whisperer” as only he seems to be able to get the Ivorian winger to play up to his potential
- Roma have a long list of injured players: Kevin Strootman, Frederico Balzaretti, Davide Astori, Marco Borriello, Leandro Castan, Juan Manuel Iturbe, Salih Ucan, and Daniele De Rossi.
- Most of the injured players for Roma are defensive players, which could mean that City could run riot on an aging back line.
This match is sure to be full of excitement with two very attacking clubs going at it. If City win, it will put them in 1st place in the group headed into their matchup with CSKA Moscow. If you can get off work, we’d love to see you up at the Heart of the City and cheer on Manchester City!!